I'm a bit confused with extensive number of different Monte Carlo methods such as:
- Hamiltonian/Hybrid Monte Carlo (HMC),
- Dynamic Monte Carlo (DMC),
- Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC),
- Kinetic Monte Carlo (KMC),
- Dynamic Monte Carlo (DMC)
- Quasi-Monte Carlo (QMC),
- Direct Simulation Monte Carlo (DSMC),
- and so on.
I won't ask for the exact differences, but why are all of them called Monte Carlo? What do they all have in common? Can they all be used for AI? E.g. which one can be used for gaming (like Go) or image recognition (resampling)?