What are the current popular approaches to leveraging AI for stock price prediction? It seems like there could be several approaches and problem formulations:
- Supervised learning:
- Regression: predict the stock price directly
- Classification: predict whether the stock price goes up or down
- Unsupervised learning: find clusters of stocks that move together
- Reinforcement learning: let the agent directly maximize its stock market return
- Other AI methods: rules, symbolic systems etc.
Which are most popular/performant? Are there other ways that people are using machine learning in stock trading (sentiment analysis on financial statments, news etc.).