I see stuff in my Twitter feed like this every day, showing "ChatGPT used to create X new customized/tailored AI feature".
- ColorGPT: Generate a color hex name from real-world color capture from your iPhone.
- Castmagic: AI content for podcasts & long-format audio.
- AI Gift for you: AI-powered search for gift ideas based on personalized filters.
- Cody: ChatGPT with the added benefit of being able to train it on your business, your team, your processes, and your clients with your own knowledge base.
- Gitfluence: Helps you quickly find the correct Git command in seconds.
How are they taking advantage of the ChatGPT API to accomplish these sorts of things (at a high level)? For example, to create the personalized gift filters, how do you go from an arbitrary ChatGPT prompt to stuff specific to products? Or the Gitfluence, how does it tailor ChatGPT to search specifically for git commands?
There is a missing link in my head on how you go from ChatGPT prompt to "AI-feature-based startup hack". Basically, what is that missing link, what do you need to think about to tailor ChatGPT to a specific niche? Roughly how does it work?
I am a software engineer with much experience, so I am aware how to build apps in general, I just don't see what is going on behind the scenes for these sort of "built on ChatGPT" feature apps, or at a high level how it works.