I have been working with AI methods. I am thinking about how my daughter (and also other kids) could learn mathematics with the help of AI. For example, how could an AI be used to show the mistakes that a kid does during the learning path?
Fundraising is probably the most realistic answer with the biggest effect. Similar to simply adding blockchain to the company name helps.
For the question of real application, I should first say that I'm a machine learning engineer who works as a consultant. I had mathematics as a minor subject during bachelor's and Master's degree, which is like 80% of a bachelor's degree in mathematics. Mainly the bachelor's thesis is missing. I also gave private mathematics lessons.
I would distinguish learning mathematics at school from University. It's completely different. However, for this question it does not make much of a difference. It's also not super important that you ask it for math. It's about learning in general.
Machine learning tools can support for several minor tasks:
- Figuring out how a symbol is called (I build write-math.com for that as a bachelor's project)
- Figuring out what a symbol means
- Getting relevant papers / parts of the lecture notes for a given problem
- Helping to digitalize stuff for easier sharing / content creation
- Learning things by heart: there are some nice apps like Anki which help you to learn arbitrary stuff by heart. The learning algorithm could potentially be improved by AI