For questions related to AI implementation in the Python language
Python was invented by the Dutch software engineer Guido van Rossum in 1990 during his work at the Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He named the language after the British comedy series Monty Python's Flying Circus. The first public version was released in 1991. All releases since version 2.1.1 are GPL compatible through the PSF (Python Software Foundation).
The dedicated domain for the language is python.org.
The language is characterized by several important language features.
- Highly interactive interpreter
- Provides a wide variety of integrated types
- Supports mixed arithmetic
- Supports object oriented programming and dynamic type creation
- Unique constructs such as comprehensions and generators
- Uses indentation instead of end brackets for statement grouping
- Accelerated around bottlenecks with calls to C/C++ libraries
- Supported by a broad set of development tools
- Extensible, through imports, of many common and unusual libraries
- Well integrated with CPU and GPU based machine learning facilities